Divorce can be one of the most traumatic things to happen to anyone during their life. Yet surprisingly it is fairly common with approximately 40% of marriages ending this way. Here are some interesting facts about divorce in the UK a mixture of serious and not so serious
- 14% of all divorces are as a result of adultery yet less than 1% were due to desertion
- The 7 year itch may have some basis in fact with the highest chance of divorce occurring around the 7/8 year mark
- Civil partnership ending in dissolution by a given anniversary is comparable to the percentage of marriages ending in divorce by a given anniversary.
- The shortest marriage in the UK in 2012 lasted 4 days
- The hotspots for divorce all seem to be in towns by the sea?! (9 out of the top 10)
If you find yourself in the situation of having to get a divorce we can help. You can contact us here